Great is Thy faithfulness.

 



This morning we met with the surgeon to cover any final questions or concerns that we might have before Laura goes into surgery. We were told they did what’s called a tumor marker which is something they send in all cases of colon cancer, which in all likely hood is what Laura has. They wont know with certainty until they get in there, but the surgeon was pretty sure of her prognosis. 

While this news hits us like a hammer, we know that Romans 8 states that :..we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Laura and I were able to spend time in prayer rejoicing in the providence of God. Proverbs states “The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD. We have been able to look back into the last 48 hours and see how God has orchestrated all things so that Laura received the care that enabled the doctors to catch this cancer early on. How faithful is our God? Very.

They are planning on removing the part of the colon that has the infection, abscess and cancer in one swipe, eliminating it from her system. Our surgeon seemed very optimistic in the procedure. 

I yammer on about sovereignty and providence because in Psalms 145 the psalmist writes “The Lord is righteous in all His way and ind in all His deeds. The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in Truth.” This verse is a clarion to the Goodness in our Lord’s sovereign control over our lives. It proves that in Romans 8 which I previously stated, that all those things that work together for good, is God’s purpose. It might not seem that a cancerous prognosis is “good”, but if we trust in God’s word is truth, we know that we can walk into this situation acknowledging that what God has allowed is Good. And we shall stand in obedience to what Paul states in 1 Thessalonians “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil.”

Psalms 100 says “Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His court is with praise. Give thanks to Him, Bless His name. For the Lord is good; His loving kindness is everlasting And His faithfulness to all generations.” Our Lord is good, and so is it plans for our lives. 


I’m finishing this in pre-op. She talked to her mom and now talking to my mom. Please pray for her. And I will selfishly ask for prayer for myself. 


“Remember the former things long past,For I am God, and there is no other;I am God, and there is no one like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, ‘My purpose will be established,And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’; Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man of My purpose from a far country. Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass.I have planned it, surely I will do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Unexpected Journey

6:53am