Future

 


It’s been a few days since I put anything on here. It’s been a little hectic getting Laura situated. I’m the type of person that likes to have spotless house when I’m sick. The neatness and lack of clutter keeps me less stressed. Because of this, I’ve been trying to get the condo to the level I would want in her situation. 

After we heard that her cancer was upgraded to stage 2 we were told that the marker they did on her blood showed her CEA levels were higher than normal (if I’m saying that correctly). Not the best news. This means that she is more susceptible to cancer. We’re waiting to hear back from the oncologist regarding her genetic testing. The results of that test will influence the treatment following her surgery. There is talk of a possible round of chemo. 

Earlier this week we spent a lot of time talking about the sovereignty of God. We focused on praying that we would be made more into His likeness by choosing to trust God’s wisdom and plan that He is revealing. However, the subject of our conversation has changed from sovereignty to salvation in the last couple of days. More specifically, we are both thankful for the redemption that we have through the blood of Jesus Christ.

The prophet Habakkuk states in one of the most beautiful verses in the Bible, “Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation”. There is no certainty on what will happen in the future. Whether it be cancer or cancer free, we will continue to find our joy in the One who gives a reason to be joyful. 

Now that Laura is home and is comfortable, we’d love to have some of you over. It would make Laura pretty happy to see your faces. Hit us up if you would like to come over for a few. 

For those who would like to understand more about the gospel and know why Laura and I can have so much joy during what seems like such a difficult time, I’d recommend watching This video.

Love you all.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Unexpected Journey

6:53am

Great is Thy faithfulness.